Updated: March 31, 2022
WebPathology is an educational resource with high quality pathology images of benign and malignant neoplasms and related entities. The site offers a visual survey of surgical pathology with emphasis on high-quality gross specimen photographs and photomicrographs.
Information You Provide:
WebPathology does not require registration. We do not collect any personal information from the visitors on the website. We only receive personal information, including your name, title, institution, country and email address, that you voluntarily provide to us via the feedback form. We also receive personal information that you voluntarily provide to us via email.
Information Automatically Collected:
When you use our website, certain information may be collected from your computer or device during your interaction with the site. We may use a variety of technologies, including cookies, widgets, and log data, to passively collect certain information about your online activity on our website.
This information helps us understand who is using the site and how and helps us make our website more useful to the visitors.
Google Analytics: We do use Google Analytics to analyze traffic patterns on our site. When you visit WebPathology, we collect information that your browser provides, including browser type, device type (mobile, desktop, tablet) you use to access our site, referral URL, operating system, location by city/country, pages you visit, pages/session, and session duration.
TrendMD: WebPathology has allowed our partners at TrendMD to collect information about the pages you visit so that they can serve relevant publications on the bottom right of the webpage.
Blocking Cookies: Most web browsers enable the user to control whether or not you want to receive cookies or notify you when a website is about to deposit a cookie file. Please refer to your device settings or your browser settings for managing cookies. If you block or delete cookies, certain features on our site may not work and it may create less than optimal user experience. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here may stop. The options you select for cookies can be browser and device specific.
Links to Third Party Sites:
We may provide links to third-party websites on certain pages. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of other sites. The visitor is encouraged to check the privacy statements of other websites to see what personal information is collected by them when they leave our site.
Information Use and Sharing:
Information You Provide: We only use the personal information you voluntarily provide to contact you to respond to your queries/requests you send us via email or the feedback form. We do not maintain email lists of visitors to our site.
We do not sell, share, transfer, or rent any personal information you voluntarily provide on the site with third parties.
We use automatically collected information in the following ways:
- Site Statistics: We may share website usage information collected via Google Analytics with selected third parties for the purpose of marketing advertisements on our website.
- TrendMD utilizes information collected about your visit and the pages you visit to serve relevant publications/papers on the bottom right of the webpage.
- Google AdSense (or a similar service) uses information collected during your online usage activity to serve targeted advertisements for goods and services.
- Vendors: We may share information with trusted vendors who helps us maintain the website and deliver services.
- Legal: We share information in order to comply with the law or to protect you and ourselves.
- We may share information with a successor to part or all or our business.