7989 Images : Last Website Update : November 5, 2017
Follow us:        
Advertise With Us!

Ependymoma

slide 5 of 48

Comments:
Classic ependymoma is a well-circumscribed and a cellular neoplasm with sheet-like growth pattern. The tumor cells are frequently arranged around blood vessels creating perivascular pseudorosettes, many of which can be seen in this image. Approximately 90% of ependymomas involve the brain, most of them are infratentorial. Most of these cases involve children with the peak incidence in the first decade. The remaining 10% involve the spinal cord, mostly in adults. Courtesy of: Dr. Luciano de Souza Queiroz, Dept. of Pathology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas (UNICAMP), Campinas, São Paulo State, BRAZIL. Additional images are here.

slide 5 of 48