Facebook Icon Twitter icon Instagram icon Feedback

Burkitt Lymphoma

prev slide 15 of 24 next
No Image
LymphNode_BurkittsLymphoma3.jpg

Close

Comments:
Immunophenotype:Tumor cells express surface IgM, immunoglobulin light chains, pan-B-cell markers (CD19, CD20, CD22, CD79a), and germinal center-associated markers CD10 and bcl-6. They are negative for T-cell markers. Cytogenetics: About 80% of cases of Burkitt lymphoma carry t(8;14)(q24;q32) translocation. Remaining 20% carry t(2;8)(p12;q24) or t(8;22)(q24;q11) translocations former is 2 to 3 times more common than the latter. Each of these abnormalities involves myc located at chromosome 8q24.

prev slide 15 of 24 next